The continent of Derkarr (called Des Lecarr in Witch Spring 2) is the setting of Witch Spring 3 and is northwest of the continent of Vavelia. It, Vavelia, and another continent called Ürphea are all ruled by the same king, who lives in Vavelia. As a result, Derkarr comes under the influence of Vavelian figures like the Pope.
A long time ago, there were three deities who lived in Derkarr: Revgato, Marii, and Morell. They created their Springs, and humans created villages in their Springs' domains: Shubeth for the Spring of Revgato, the Village of Lehert for the Spring of Morell, and the Village of Ziv for the Spring of Marii.
However, either because of the Spring War or another event in the past, the three deities disappeared from Derkarr and abandoned their springs. As a result, the Springs of Marii and Morell have dried up, and the lands around them have slowly withered out and died. The villages in their domain have suffered greatly with famine and poverty without the deities' power to sustain the land. However, in this time of crisis, Shubeth Village, which remains prosperous, refuses to aid the other countries and forces them to pay large tribute for aid.
Compounding their worries, the Ancient Dragons that would only stay in Dragon Valley have started raiding the villages without cause. Only Regal, the Lord of Shubeth, is capable of handling them—yet he will not aid the villages without an ulterior motive.
Hover over a blue location on the map to see its name. (Note: Most of the locations do not have pages yet.)
There are also several locations not listed on the map:
- The Spring of Revgato - Root is a major story location, and the only Spring root that can be accessed regardless of route. It is first entered through the far left exit of the Underground Misty Cave.
- The Base of the Shubethian Red Assassins is east of South Shubeth Road (behind the gate)
- The Coastal Cave is accessed through Derkarr East Shore
In post-game, some new locations open up:
- The Shubeth Castle Prison, only seen during the main game in a Light path event
- The House Gifted from Adrian is the second permanent location that is post-game only, and requires completing the Pieberry and Justice event.
- When Eirudy visits South Pier for the first time, she can travel to Mahnil Island once. However, after speaking to Sofia and getting the Pinerame dress, she will not be able to return there.