As with the previous two games, Witch Spring 3 has various mandatory and optional events that can be seen in the story. Like the previous two games, Eirudy has a journal that summarizes past story events, gives hints as to what to do next to proceed with the story, and tells you various sidequest and side objectives that you can accomplish.
There are three different game paths in game: the Light path, the True Path, and the Dark Path. The path separates at The Bitter Betrayal (Chapter 3) and Grandmother's Worst Doll (Chapter 4) events. See Witch Spring 3/Endings for further details.
After clearing the game on the Light or True paths, the game will continue into the after story, which contains new events and equipment. View Witch Spring 3/Post-Game for more details.
Main Story EventsEdit
This guide will tell you how to get through the story. However, the events do not necessarily need to be followed immediately, so you are free to explore in between events.
- Chapter 1: Marionette Witch
- Chapter 2: Witch Who Gives Life
- Chapter 3: Savior On The Run
- Chapter 4: Tri-Caliber (Light/True paths; True path will merge into it halfway through)
- Chapter 4: Dark Path (Dark/True paths; True path starts here, merges into Tri-Caliber halfway through)
- Chapter 5: The Last Cup (Light/True paths) or Witch Astray (Dark path)
The optional events are listed by order of which chapter and event you can start acquiring them in. Most of them can be completed at any point, but there are some exceptions which have been noted in their entries.
All of these events need to be completed before the final attack on Shubeth Castle with Adrian. Some events are completely non-accessible on the Dark Path.
- Unlock: Chapter 1
- Location: Ice Cave
If you can beat the Ice Golem, you can go down even further into the cave. Use the lamp Adrian dropped to go inside the chamber. The souls of the Shezarians will request that you defeat the Ghost of Darkness that has been plaguing them for centuries.
After you find the Ghost of Darkness, which is located in the main level of the Ice Cave, in the empty corner in the southwest-most section of the cave, return to them. After that, you can go further into the chamber and pick up the accessory Shezarian Woodpiece.
Gate in South Shubeth RoadEdit
- Unlock: Chapter 1 (after the "Underground Misty Cave" event)
- Location: South Shubeth Road
After completing the unlock prerequisites, you can open the gate in the west side of South Shubeth Road, across from the entrance to the Wild Boar Habitat. In order to open it, you need to defeat a Shubethian Red Assassin, two of which are found in Shubeth Road. With one of their masks in her your inventory, walk up to the gate. Eirudy will place the mask on the gate and it will open, allowing her to enter the Base of the Shubethian Red Assassins.
After entering, she will enter battle with five Red Assassins; three regular members and two elite. Defeating them will allow you to access the three chests behind them, which all contain gold (20,000G).
Mullet Scale CoatEdit
- Unlock: Chapter 2
- Location: Coastal Cave
If you return to Lehert with the scale, and approach the merchant at the northwest end of the map, he will offer his finest armor in exchange for the Mullet's Scale. He will then give you the Mullet Scale Coat.
Za'rrel the WeaponmakerEdit
- Unlock: Chapter 2
- Location: Weaponmaker's House (in Shubeth Village Eastern Gate)
Talk to Za'rrel the Weaponmaker. He will give you two options: buy the incomplete Khan Za'rrel for 12,000 Gold or acquire an Ancient Dragon's Claw so he can complete it.
Acquire a Claw by defeating an Ancient Dragon; the one that is easier to beat is in the Soul Cave Entrance. Give one to him, and he will complete the sword and give it to Eirudy as a gift.
This is the only requirement for his side-story and will fill in his spot in the final illustration. However, completing this is also a prerequisite for the "Za'rrel Shubetha" event below.
- Unlock: Chapter 3 (after the "Bandits in the Mine" event), have Rare Metal (from "Bandits in the Mine"), chose Fine Blade Shubetha in Chapter 2, "Khan Za'rrel" event completed
- Location: Weaponmaker's House
With Fine Blade Shubetha equipped and the Rare Metal in your inventory, go back to Za'rrel the Weaponmaker. He will then exchange dialogue with Eirudy before upgrading the sword.
After this event, he will have new generic dialogue if you talk to him, but this subquest is not mandatory for his final illustration.
Bandits in the Mine
- Unlock: Chapter 3 (after "Rescue the Miners" main story event)
- Location: Lehert Mine
In Chapter 3 only, after finishing the Rescue the Miners storyline event, speak to the man near the entrance to Lehert at the top of the map, standing in front of a stall. He will tell you that thieves stole a chest full of money, then fled into the mine.
Head into the mine, and go up to the area that had previously collapsed. (During the Rescue the Miners event, you could not go up there.) After going up the path, you will find 3 giant bats harassing the thieves. Defeat the bats. Afterwards, the villager will give you a Rare Metal.
This subquest is a requirement for completing Brad's side-story. If you chose to take the Fine Blade Shubetha in Chapter 2, the Rare Metal is one of the requirements for upgrading it into the Za'rrel Shubetha.
- Note: Must be completed during Chapter 3; other quests for this optional storyline can be completed up until the end of Chapter 4.
Derkarr East Shore
- Unlock: Chapter 3 ("Bandits in the Mine" completed)
- Location: Derkarr East Shore
After completing "Bandits in the Mine," you can find Brad again in Derkarr East Shore. Eirudy does not gain anything from the event, but it is necessary for the last part of his side-story. You do not need to complete this event in Chapter 3.
- Unlock: Chapter 3 ("Derkarr East Shore" completed)
- Location: Southern Lehert Desert
The last time you see Brad is in the Southern Lehert Desert, behind the large rock towards the southeast side of the map.
Give him water, and he will give you 10,000 gold. After that, he will appear in the final illustration and on the title screen.
Hector and the Champion's SwordEdit
- Unlock: Chapter 3 (between "Village of Lehert" and "The Red Ribbon Letter" main story events)
- Location: Shubeth Road
Go back to the usual meeting spot with Hector, and he will give you the Champion's Sword. Afterwards, he will mention that this is the last time he will go on a walk, as he has been asked to teach younger generations of soldiers.
After the event, Hector will appear in the final illustration and on the title screen.
- Note: You will not be able to clear this event after "The Red Ribbon Letter" event.
- A bug in the first release of the game could cause this event to play twice (by completing the event, entering a nearby area, and then returning to Hector's normal spot). The bug also caused the event to be treated as though it wasn't seen when the final illustration plays. This bug was fixed in later updates.
- Unlock: Chapter 3
- Location: Red Fox Forest
Go into the Red Fox Forest, to the back of the forest across form the entrance. You'll find a weird fox that runs off.
Leave the forest, and then come back. Defeat the tree monster and then go to the left side of the map, where there's a teleport circle, and you'll enter a cutscene with Filia.
Leave the forest again, come back, and there will be a mandatory fight against the giant tree enemy in the forest.
Leave the forest again, come back, and Filia will be attacked by two Shubethian High-Ranked Soldiers. One soldier will kill the other soldier, so you only have to defeat one of them.
After that, Filia will give you her staff (Staff of Filia) and return home. There are no more events after this, and you won't see her again even if you go to the Red Fox Forest.
Meeting Filia will put her on the Title Screen, and completing all the events fills in her illustration on the final illustration.
- Note: I've seen people get the staff but she still didn't appear in their ending illustrations. It's either a glitch, or you have to equip her staff at least once.
- This event can be completed in the after story, but naturally will not fill her space in the final illustration. Her Staff of Filia will be its upgraded form that can be acquired in the post game for players who complete this in the main story.
The Desert Fox CubEdit
- Unlock: Chapter 3 (after "The Red Ribbon Letter" main story event)
- Location: Southern Lehert Desert
If you enter the Southern Lehert Desert in Chapter 2 or the beginning of Chapter 3, you will notice a dead fox lying on the ground but it does not prompt anything.
However, if you go there after killing the Deathworm in Chapter 3, you will find a Giant Scorpion and four red scorpions with a group of dead foxes. Kill the scorpions, and then if you approach the dead fox closest to the wall, you have the option to take it or leave it. If you take it, Eirudy sends it back to the Marionette House and you can inject Vitality into it to turn it into a doll.
Finding the Missing HusbandEdit
- Unlock: Chapter 4
- Location: Lehert Village (sidequest start), Temple of Morell (sidequest completion)
In Chapter 4, go back to Lehert Village. A woman will be standing at the southern end of the map, next to the exit to the Lehert Desert. If you speak to her, she mentions that her husband went to the Temple of Morell to acquire treasure but has not returned.
If you take the subquest, head into the Temple of Morell, up to where Vahnter was located. Defeat the scorpions, then head further in to where the treasure chest is. The woman's husband will be there, and after speaking to him, he will give you a Silver Pendant.
Marii's Treasure Chest and Ecarr VertelEdit
- Unlock: Chapter 4 (Light/True Paths, once you gain access to the Temple of Marii)
- Location: Temple of Marii
At the Temple of Marii, the minimap will reveal a hidden passageway that leads behind the visible section of the temple, which allows you to enter another room. (If you cannot find the path to the passageway: in screen touch mode, tap on the front of the passageway, and Eirudy will automatically find her way there.)
Once you enter that room, approach the edge of the platform. In the Light path, Eileen will inform Eirudy about the Trial of Patience. In the True path, Marii will speak into Eirudy's mind.
Stand on the platform at the end and wait. A pillar of light will blast Eirudy for 996 damage. It will first drain her HP, and if she runs out of HP, it will drain her MP until the requirement is satisfied, or she runs out of MP as well. If she cannot withstand the test, Eirudy will pull herself out of the test without repercussion, aside from having 0 HP/MP.
If she withstands the test, she will learn the spell Ecarr Vertel, a spell that calculates damage based on Eirudy's maximum HP, MP, and Magic Power. If you chose Armedak the Holy Sword as Adrian's treasure back in Chapter 2, Ecarr Vertel will also be unlocked as the sword's special skill. (The trial can only be cleared once.)
After clearing the trial, continue going forward, beyond the platform. There is an invisible pathway that leads you to the treasure chest, which contains the Pendant of Patience.
Note: In order to complete the "Judith" subquest, "Dark Company" Parts 1/2 must be completed before the "Breaking into the Dark Company's Cave" main story event (Light/True Paths only), and "Judith" must be completed before "Operation: Dragontail".
Dark Company, Part 1
- Unlock: Chapter 4 (all paths?)
- Location: Ziv Village (sidequest start), Derkarr Road (sidequest completion)
In order for the sidequest character to appear, you must have Eirudy approach the Dark Company members at the south of Derkarr Road. (This can be done starting in Chapter 3.)
In Chapter 4, go to Ziv Village. There will be a woman standing closer to the bottom center of the map, standing between the fountain and the house. (She will block the path between the main town center and Vendora the Merchant.)
If you talk to her, she will complain about the Dark Company that block the path and request that you defeat them for her. After doing so, she gives you a reward before she enters South Pier.
Dark Company, Part 2
- Unlock: Chapter 4 (after "Dark Company, Part 1"), on the Light/True Paths(?)
- Location: Ziv Village (sidequest start), Derkarr Road (sidequest completion)
After completing the first part, see the same woman in Ziv. This time, she asks you to take care of the Dark Company in front of South Pier for good. After you do so, she gives you a red gem. However, right afterwards, Judith will approach Eirudy. She tells Eirudy that the gem can only be used in the royal palace and is thus useless in her hands, and gives an offer to buy the gem off her.
If you accept the deal, you gain 10,000 gold. You will also be able to unlock the "Judith" event after the "Breaking into the Dark Company's Cave" main story event.
If you do not accept the deal, Johannes will tell you that you can get 30,000 gold off the red gem, which opens up the "Getting Your Money's Worth" side objective. Note: You cannot unlock the "Judith" event if you choose this option.
- Unlock: Chapter 4 (Light/True Paths, after "Breaking into the Dark Company's Cave"), completed "Dark Company, Part 2" and chose to accept Judith's deal
- Location: Secret Base (sidequest start), South Pier (sidequest completion)
If you accepted Judith's deal in "Dark Company, Part 2," after completing the mandatory story quest "Breaking into the Dark Company's Cave" in the Light/True paths, Johannes will still be in the room when everyone goes their separate ways. Speak to him, and he will inform Eirudy of a Dark Company's plot to ship smuggled goods via South Pier. Go to South Pier to encounter Judith and her crew, whom you fight off.
Eirudy will wait around even after Johannes leaves to get the proper amount of gold she deserved. After she gets the extra 20,000 gold, Eirudy leaves.
This side objective is necessary to get Judith on the final illustration. Furthermore, this will also make her appear in an ending cutscene.
Getting Your Money's Worth
- Unlock: Chapter 4 (Light/True Paths, after "Breaking into the Dark Company's Cave"), completed "Dark Company, Part 2" and did not choose to accept Judith's deal
- Location: Dark Company's Cave
If you did not take Judith's offer, you can go back to the Dark Company's Cave. The man at the gate will begrudgingly let you in, and then you can get 30,000 gold out of Judith.
The Last of RaymondEdit
- Unlock: Chapter 4 (Light/True Paths, after "Inside the Spring of Revgato" main story event)
- Location: Shubeth Road → Shubeth Castle
After defeating Raymond at the root of the Spring of Revgato in Chapter 4, go up to Shubeth Road. You will see a number of defeated Shubethian soldiers. Take the path up to Shubeth Castle, and you will see a cutscene. Afterwards, Eirudy will immediately go back to Shubeth Road. Return to Shubeth Castle and approach Raymond.
Afterwards, you will gain the Blessing of Revgato accessory, and Raymond and Lize will appear in the final illustration.